Beaty Feed & Hardware was started in 1936 as a feed store. The first hardware items were added in 1952, when Mr. Virgil Beaty began selling electric water pumps. As the demographics in the area has changed from a totally agricultural economy to a manufacturing based economy, Beaty Feed and Hardware has changed from a one room feed store to a full line hardware store emphasizing commercial sales. Yet, even today, lawn & garden, as well as specialty feeds are an important part of our business. (Who else handles feed for panda bears?)
On June 1, 2005, Kenneth and Donna Malone took ownership and changed the name to Beaty True Value Hardware.